When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Are you ready for some football? To ensure you don’t miss primetime NFL football every Sunday, get familiar with your options in this guide on how to watch Sunday Night Football. We’ll get the Dolphins vs. Patriots game this week, and you can keep reading for a complete schedule and ways to watch every Sunday Night game for the rest of the season.
The Dolphins are coming off an electric performance offensive clinic led by quarterback Tua Tagovailoa and wide receiver Tyreke Hill, but Bill Belichick’s stifling Patriots defense is always a threat to slow any train. The Patriots will be looking for a win after failing to seal the deal against the Philadelphia Eagles in week 1.
Your Sunday Night Football commentary team includes the familiar expert analysis of Cris Collinsworth meshing with play-by-play from Mike Tirico. Melissa Stark is reporting from the sideline, and Terry McAulay will weigh in on referee rulings. You can catch Sunday Night Football on your local NBC station via over-the-air antenna, cable, or satellite. You can stream the game live via Peacock or a live TV streaming service if you don’t have any of those. Not in the US? We’ll show you how to use a VPN to access affordable live streams below.
How to watch Sunday Night Football from anywhere
If you’re in the US, Sunday Night Football airs on NBC stations nationwide promptly at 8:20 p.m. ET. You can tune into your local NBC affiliate using an over-the-air TV antenna, cable, or satellite box. You can stream the game via the web using your provider’s credentials if you won’t be near a TV.
If none of those options work for you or you’re viewing from locales outside the United States, consider Peacock and NFL+ – you must be in the US or use a VPN to see the US version of the site, otherwise, you’ll be redirected to you local bundle equivalent). Peacock will show every Sunday Night Football game for the 2023 NFL season, starting at just $5.99 per month. You can also access the NBC channel using live TV streaming services like Sling Blue, which is usually $40 per month, but you can get your first month for just $20.
Peacock is a streaming service featuring NBCUniversal TV shows, movies, original series, live sports, and news programs. Prices start at just $5.99 a month on one-month deals, with further discounts available on annual plans.
NFL+ might be better if you’re not interested in Peacock’s other sporting live streams, shows, and movies. For $6.99 per month, NFL+ offers live streams for all local broadcasts and primetime games, including Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, and Thursday Night Football. You’ll also get NFL Network access, which has exclusive broadcast rights to eight games for the 2023 season. The only catch is that your choice of playback device for local and primetime games is limited to smartphones and tablets. NFL Network and NFL RedZone are viewable on all supported devices.
In addition, to live game streams, you can tune into local radio broadcasts for any game, access advanced fantasy football analysis tools with Fantasy+, enjoy NFL Films content, and watch ad-free highlights from every game weekly. If you go for the $14.99 NFL+ Premium subscription, you can add full game plays, NFL RedZone, and cash in on exclusive offers from NFL Shop.
International viewers can try a VPN to use these affordable options to watch Sunday Night Football outside the US. This tool lets you trick sites into thinking you’re visiting from within a supported country, so you can sign up for Peacock and watch Sunday Night Football that way (you may need to acquire a US payment method and zip code).
If you need a VPN, there’s a great risk-free offer on the best VPN we’ve tested. Insiders have been using ExpressVPN for years for streaming and beefing up our online security. You can pick up Express VPN, save 49% on the usual price, and get three months for free. If you’re unsatisfied, there’s a hassle-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Want to know more about the app? We’ve got you covered with a detailed ExpressVPN review.
How to watch Sunday Night Football with a VPN
- Sign up for a VPN if you don’t have one.
- Install it on the device you’re using to watch the game.
- Turn it on and set it to a US location.
- Go to Peacock.
- Watch Dolphins vs. Patriots on Sunday Night Football.
- Pre-game coverage starts at: 7 p.m. ET / 12 a.m. (Monday) BST / 1 a.m. (Monday) CEST / 9 a.m. (Monday) AEST.
How to watch Sunday Night Football in the UK
UK viewers can watch full US broadcasts of every game of the 2023 NFL season by subscribing to NFL Game Pass via DAZN. It’s £37.75 for the month (£151 annually), and you can also pay week-to-week for £14.99. The monthly rate is the most economical over the long haul if you plan to watch lots of games.
NFL Game Pass on DAZN also includes post-season games (including the Super Bowl), NFL Network and FL RedZone, NFL Originals content, highlights, and more.
Here’s a list of all upcoming Sunday Night Football games for the 2023 NFL season. Unless otherwise noted, each broadcast below starts each week with pre-game commentary at 7 p.m. ET before the 8:20 p.m. ET kickoff.
- Week 2: Dolphins vs. Patriots, Sept. 17 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 3: Steelers vs. Chiefs, Sept. 24 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 4: Chiefs vs. Jets, Sept. 24 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 5: Cowboys vs. 49ers, Oct. 1 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 6: Giants vs. Bills, Oct. 8 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 7: Dolphins vs. Eagles, Oct. 15 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 8: Bears vs. Chargers, Oct. 22 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 9: Bills vs. Bengals, Oct. 29 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 10: Jets vs. Raiders, Nov. 5 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 11: Vikings vs. Broncos, Nov. 19 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Thanksgiving Game: 49ers vs. Seahawks, Nov. 23 at 8 p.m. ET (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 12: Ravens vs. Chargers, Nov. 26 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 13: Chiefs vs. Packers, Dec. 3 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 14: Eagles vs. Cowboys, Dec. 10 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 15: Ravens vs. Jaguars, Dec. 17 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 16: Bengals vs. Steelers, Dec. 23 at 3 p.m. ET (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Week 16: Bills vs. Chargers, Dec. 23 at 7:30 p.m. ET – ($5.99, only on Peacock)
- Week 17: Packers vs. Vikings, Dec. 31 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)
- Wildcard Playoff Game: TBA vs. TBA, Jan. 7 (NBC, $5.99 on Peacock)